Regardless of how careful you are with your tax affairs, HM Revenue & Customs can randomly select you for a tax enquiry. Tax investigations, including investigations into tax fraud and tax evasion are a real and growing threat to small and medium sized companies. However, there are things that can be done to protect you during an investigation, and this is where our specialist tax advisers come in.
Investigations by HMRC are becoming more common, our Tax Investigations Service will provide you with full expert representation from an expert to handle HMRC on your behalf and negotiate the best possible result for you.
- advise in connection with any investigation, be it one covering Income Tax, Corporation Tax, Inheritance Tax, PAYE and National Insurance, VAT or an IR35 status dispute.
- help with voluntary disclosures
- manage technical disputes with HMRC
- attend meetings with HMRC on your behalf
- negotiate and work to reach a fair and final settlement, including reducing penalties where possible.